Eugene


I'm here in Eugene with Austin. I never realized all the memories I have here in Eugene. Walking through Albertson's in itself brought back tons of memories with Blair and Lauren, like making cake at 2am, making a batch of almond poppyseed muffins and eating the whole batch together before it got a chance to fully cool, or living off of lemonade and limeade, or difficulties with the self-checkout. Or being checked out in the dairy section at 11pm at night. I miss doing penny drives with Blair all over Eugene and going on adventures. I miss laying around our apartment doing nothing in particular. I miss staying up until 4am being silly.

But I have so much to look forward to this year! I'm excited to find new favorite places in Portland. I haven't thoroughly explored Portland much (on purpose at least, other than getting lost!) and I'm excited to do that with my family and Portland friends.

Right now the boys are setting up their new HD cable box with Alex's new surround sound system and DVD player. We were going to climb Spencer's Butte today but the forest fires have made everything really hazy and muggy. Everything is cast in an eerie golden light, as if it's been sunset time all day. It's kind of pretty. The above picture was taken around 4:30pm, way too early for sunset lighting. The lines are from the blinds. Crazy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment