Today was amazing.

I woke up and watched the UO Utah game. Naturally, we broke Utah's 17-game winning streak, 31-24. YAY!

Then my mom and Katie and I went downtown for dinner. We parked at the Max station and I went to get a ticket. While I waited in line, a man came up and gave me his all-day ticket because he didn't need it anymore. He saved me almost $5! I love random little acts of kindness.

We rode the Max to Goose Hollow and walked two blocks to a tiny restaurant called The Leaky Roof. It's a tiny little Irish pub. They messed up my order (which I didn't mind, I'm sure anything there would be amazing) and felt horrible. They brought me really rich chocolate cherry cake on the house as an apology (still I kept insisting that I didn't mind). Aside from all of that, I loved the cozy, homey atmosphere. They made us feel like family, like regular customers at least. We joked about how I was going to have their special Guinness when I turn 21 in a few months. My whole family's going back there on Wednesday. When we left, the owner gave my mom a hug. Seriously one of the nicest places I've ever been.

Afterward, we walked to the street car station and went to Powell's. I found some amazing books there, but I can't go into detail because everything I bought there are surprise gifts for people Austin there's your hint! :) I found two books that I really want but couldn't afford. The first one is called Have You Ever Tickled A Tiger? (http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/display.pperl/9780375843969.html) and the other is Favorite Poems, Old and New by Helen Ferris (http://www.amazon.com/Favorite-Poems-Old-New-Selected/dp/0385076967). LOVE them.

We almost went up to Tea Chai Te but decided to save that for next time. I loved spending time with my mom and sister, it was so nice.

Then I came home and ended the day talking to Austin, what a good end to a good day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment