Flashback time!

From 2004 to 2007 or so, I blogged on Livejournal. Every now and then I like to look back through my old entries. I came across this entry from September 23, 2005:

If everyone experienced Dane Cook's comedy skits, the world would be a better place.

I saw Ray today. I missed her.

I took a nice long nap after school today, during which I dreamed about my family in a couple of years. Well, Charlotte was still adorable as ever, Baby #2 was a girl, and there were about 3 or 4 little 3-year-old boys running around. They were all blonde, like Charlotte's hair now. Katie & Aaron, John & Bonnie are very much brunettes. Genes are funny things. Wow, being an aunt to 5 or 6 would be - will be - amazing. Also, we were all at the hospital. That part scares me. But, as Mom pointed out, it was probably from waiting for another niece or nephew. hehe. And there was also a lady I've never seen before, but she was an important part of the family. I wonder if that's supposed to be me in the future. I loved this dream.

When I go to the beach, I love to stare at the ocean and marvel at all the different people who have touched the same water, and at all the major occurences that took place in the very same water. Magellan, Columbus, Ericson, etc. And also that the dinosaurs, essentially, drank from the same water, as did the Mesopotamians. Isn't that mind-boggling?

Tonight I went to Bullwinkle's for my mom's office party. It was fun, we played a LOT of mini-golf (which brought back certain OYCGA memories from last summer! HA!), during which my mom got a hole-in-one and several close ones, where the ball kept jumping over the lip of the hole at the last second.

Ich bin sehr, sehr muede. Ich will jetzt schlafen, guten nacht!


Pretty eerie, yes? I dreamed about "3 or 4 little 3-year-old boys running around" and here we are today with Charlotte who is 5, and the boys who are both 3. I remember what the mysterious lady was like in the dream. Thinking about it now, I was dreaming about my future self because I am now that "lady". And as for being in the hospital, well, that could allude to many things happening right now.

I've had prophetic dreams like this before; usually my prophetic dreams are more accurate and detailed. Like the time I dreamed about an earthquake 6 hours before we actually had one. The human brain fascinates me.

All that aside, I wonder what the point was of me having that dream. Really though. Why haven't I had another "future" dream? Or maybe I have, but in the dream it seems so different from what my life could resemble that I can't imagine it being my future. The other day, I had a dream that Austin and I got married but we were poor, but it was fun - that's a really blurred version because I don't remember many details. I can see that being a prophetic dream but still it seems so weird.

Or maybe most (all?) dreams are meant to be prophetic in some way, if not almost always symbolic of the future at the very least.

0 comments:

Post a Comment